Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME!!!!!



Sunday, May 10th, 2009

Saturday night I was telling a friend that I was sad I would have to wait an entire year for my first Mother's Day because I didn't feel any signs of Duncan arriving until later in the week. I was also worried about having to make a decision of whether or not to induce and when. To my surprise, my water broke at 1:00 am Sunday morning. I didn't know for sure that my water broke and didn't want to be a false alarm, so after doing a little research on-line about water breaking I went back to sleep. At 4:00 am I woke up with contractions. They started about 15 minutes apart for an hour. Matt and I got really excited and really wanted this to be "it", we talked about how perfect the timing would be. By 5:00 they were 10 minutes apart and I had some bleeding so I called the emergency line and they connected me to the on-call doctor - Dr. Akin. I grew up with Dr. Akin's daughter so I was happy that if Dr. Seeker couldn't deliver Duncan it would be Dr. Akin. He said to meet him at the hospital. We packed up the truck and were headed to St. Davids North Austin Medical by 6:00 am. At that time my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. We got to the hospital and finally got admitted and to to the L&D room at about 8:30. I was having major back labor and the epidural finally arrived at 9:00 - after that it was smooth sailing! Dr. Akin's first estimated time was about 3:00 pm, but when he came back an hour later I had progressed so fast that he said I would be pushing in about an hour. By 12:00 pm I started pushing and Baby Duncan came into the world at 12:36pm. He had managed to get the cord wrapped around his neck twice! He weighed in at 7 lbs 8 ounces and was 20 inches long. He is absolutely perfect! Matt and I fell in love immediately and soooo excited about our new addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment